The CHS’s Decorative Arts Council offers a unique opportunity to connect more closely with the rich and varied collections of the CHS, to broaden your knowledge with special visits to regional repositories, and to meet other connoisseurs who share your passion for history.
Subscribe to a year of programming that offers you exclusive access to our CHS collections. CHS members at any level can join the Decorative Arts Council with a $250 annual Council subscription fee. Your fee supports the Council’s programming efforts and with a one-time subscription fee, you will not be asked to pay additionally for any programs held at the CHS.
Enjoy a full year of programming for 2017 including:
- Decorative Arts Council Cocktail Reception for the Spring Antiques Show, Friday, March 24 @ 5:30-7:00 pm
- Furniture Study Day with Christine Ritok (Historic Deerfield) and Kevin Ferrigno (CHS Collections Steering Committee), Saturday, April 8 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (lunch included)
- Special Curator-Led Tour of the Cooper-Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, NYC, Tuesday, May 2 @ 7:30 am – 6:00 pm (lunch included)
- Annual Decorative Arts Council Lecture by John Stuart Gordon (Yale), Thursday, October 19 @ 5:30-7:00 pm
- New Acquisitions with Chief Curator Ilene Frank, Thursday, November 30 @ 5:30-7:00 pm
- Exhibit openings throughout the year
Upcoming Decorative Arts Events
Decorative Arts Council Annual Lecture: When America Went Modern: Design in the 1920s and 1930s, presented by John Stuart Gordon
Any questions? Email Jennifer_Steadman@chs.org.