The CHS’s Decorative Arts Council offers a unique opportunity to connect more closely with the rich and varied collections of the CHS, to broaden your knowledge with special visits to regional repositories, and to meet other connoisseurs who share your passion for history.
Subscribe to a year of programming that offers you exclusive access to our CHS collections. CHS members at any level can join the Decorative Arts Council with a $250 annual Council subscription fee. Your fee supports the Council’s programming efforts and with a one-time subscription fee, you will not be asked to pay additionally for any programs held at the CHS.
- Spring Antiques Show Cocktail Reception, Friday, March 23 @ 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Shaker Furniture Study Day with M. Stephen Miller, Saturday, May 12 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Special Curator-Led Tour of the Peabody-Essex Museum, Salem, MA, Tuesday, June 12 @ 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Lecture on William and Mary furniture by Nancy Carlisle, Senior Curator of Collections at Historic New England, Wednesday, July 18 @ 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Annual Decorative Arts Council Lecture by Ulysses Grant Dietz, Chief Curator Emeritus, Newark Museum, Wednesday, November 14 @ 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- New Acquisitions Talk with Chief Curator and COO Ilene Frank, Wednesday, December 5 @ 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Any questions? Email Natalie_Belanger@chs.org.