Maybe you remember Grandma’s old blue dress and serious shoes or Dad’s best suit and hat, but did you ever wonder why they wore what they wore? This program explores how clothing communicates who we are, what we do, and the society in which we live. You’ll look at everything from military inspiration during the Civil War to the influence of political liberalism in the 1960s. Recall the clothing of your ancestors, your parents, and your own fashion choices as we take this little trip through over 100 years of fashion.
- 45 minute presentation with 15 minute question and answer session
- Any group size
- Any space
- Speaker comes with all necessary technology
- Program fees are $225 per program
- CHS members receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
- If your group books 3 or more programs in a calendar year, you receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
Questions? Please call Education Assistant Rebecca Gross at (860) 236-5621 x232.