An ordinary-looking map with a sinister surprise. Earrings made of human hair. A piece of a revered Connecticut tree carved in the shape of a….ham? Museums are full of objects that make staff and visitors say, “Huh?”. But what makes these objects so strange to us? What makes an object “weird”? This presentation explores some of CHS’s strangest items. You will learn how even the oddest artifacts can be gateways into a deeper understanding and appreciation of our state’s history.
- 45 minute presentation with 15 minute question and answer session
- Any group size
- Any space
- Speaker comes with all necessary technology
- Program fees are $225 per program
- CHS members receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
- If your group books 3 or more programs in a calendar year, you receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
Any questions? Call Education Assistant Rebecca Gross at (860) 236-5621 x 232.