Where did our cherished wedding traditions come from?
From colonial to modern times, how did Connecticans tie the knot? How did they celebrate? What did they wear? How did some of our cherished wedding customs originate? This program uses CHS’s extensive collection of wedding clothing, accessories, photographs and prints to examine some of our ideas about what makes a “traditional” wedding, and what those traditions can reveal about how ideas about marriage have changed through the years.
- 45 minute presentation with 15 minute question and answer session
- Any group size
- Any space
- Speaker comes with all necessary technology
- Program fees are $225 per program
- CHS members receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
- If your group books 3 or more programs in a calendar year, you receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
Any questions? Please call Education Assistant Rebecca Gross at (860) 236-5621 x 232.
Tuesday-Friday 12pm-5pm, Thursday nights until 8pm
Research Center Hours:
Tuesday-Saturday 12pm-5pm, Thursday nights until 8pm
Always by appointment only.
One Elizabeth Street
Hartford CT, 06105