Learn about how taverns were an essential part of every Connecticut town.
Taverns in early Connecticut were more than just a place to drink. Travelers and locals alike saw taverns as a place to be entertained, spread news and gossip, have a good meal, and get a night’s lodging. Learn about how taverns were an essential part of every Connecticut town.
- 45 minute presentation with 15 minute question and answer session
- Any group size
- Any space
- Speaker comes with all necessary technology
- Program fees are $225 per program
- CHS members receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
- If your group books 3 or more programs in a calendar year, you receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
Any questions? Please call Education Assistant Rebecca Gross at (860) 236-5621 x 232.
Tuesday-Friday 12pm-5pm, Thursday nights until 8pm
Research Center Hours:
Tuesday-Saturday 12pm-5pm, Thursday nights until 8pm
Always by appointment only.
One Elizabeth Street
Hartford CT, 06105