A traveling presentation about those who were tried for witchcraft in Connecticut.
The harrowing story of the hanging of witches in Colonial New England continues to haunt our present-day imagination. The trials and executions of witches in Connecticut predated the more famous Salem witch panic by over 40 years. Hear the stories of some of the women and men accused, tried, and executed as witches and learn how Connecticut successfully controlled the spread of witch accusations long before Salem erupted in panic and violence.
- 45 minute presentation with 15 minute question and answer session
- Any group size
- Any space
- Speaker comes with all necessary technology
- Program fees are $225 per program
- CHS members receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
- If your group books 3 or more programs in a calendar year, you receive a discounted rate of $200 per program
Any questions? Please call Education Assistant Rebecca Gross at (860) 236-5621 x 232.
Tuesday-Friday 12pm-5pm, Thursday nights until 8pm
Research Center Hours:
Tuesday-Saturday 12pm-5pm, Thursday nights until 8pm
Always by appointment only.
One Elizabeth Street
Hartford CT, 06105