The CHS’s Fashion & Textile Council 2017 programs offer a unique opportunity to connect with the costume collections of the CHS, learn from experts, visit regional repositories, and meet other fashionistas who share your passion for history.
Subscribe to a year of programming that offers you exclusive access to our CHS collections. CHS members at any level can join the Fashion & Textiles Council with a $150 annual Council subscription fee. Your fee supports the Council’s programming efforts and with a one-time subscription fee, you will not be asked to pay additionally for any Council programs held at the CHS.
Enjoy a full year of 2017 programming including:
- Fashion Behind-the-Scenes Tour, Saturday, March 25 @ 1:00 pm
- Lecture, “Killer Heels,” Lisa Small (Brooklyn Museum of Art), Thursday, March 30 @ 5:30-7:00 pm
- Tova’s Vintage Old Saybrook Meet-up, Thursday, April 20 @ 11:00 am – 2:00 pm (lunch included)
- Special trip to the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology, NYC, Tuesday, September 26 @ 7:30 am – 6:00 pm (lunch included)
- Annual Fashion & Textile Council Lecture: 18th-Century Gown Construction by Stephanie Smith and Hallie Larkin (Golden Scissors), Thursday, November 16 @ 5:30-7:00 pm
- New Acquisitions with Chief Curator Ilene Frank, Thursday, November 30 @ 5:30-7:00 pm
- Mannequin dressing twice a year
- Exhibit openings throughout the year
Upcoming Fashion Council Events
Any questions? Email Jennifer_Steadman@chs.org.