Marketing and Communications AssociatePost Date: July 5, 2022
Under direct supervision, this position will be responsible for collaborating with the CHS team to develop creative concepts and ideas for print, video and digital marketing campaigns based on CHS priorities and targeted audiences. The successful candidate will be a collaborative, organized, self-starting professional who is dedicated to teamwork, execution, project management fundamentals, and the fulfillment of the Museum’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Oversee the CHS’s email marketing program, ensuring consistent quality, formatting, tone, and voice, and maintaining lists and segments
– Develop and manage institutional email calendar and timelines for all email communications (newsletters, invitations, etc.), ensuring campaigns are created and deployed on schedule
– Strategize and implement ideas for email acquisition both online and on-site
– Work with Director of Marketing and Communications to determine content for weekly e-newsletters; design, route, test, and deploy
– Monitor statistics and share e-campaign reports; make data-driven recommendations for improving email strategies and ensuring successful campaigns
– Design digital assets for the website, email, social media pages, and print campaigns.
– Transform creative concepts into effective brand marketing/promotion deliverables, source images, and work closely with printers, fabricators, and mail houses.
– Ensure that all marketing materials maintain visual and verbal brand consistency.
– Support other departments as needed with signage, banners, or other deliverables
– Support the CHS’s social media strategy and content across multiple platforms.
– Measure the success of social media efforts and provide constructive feedback
– Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies.
– Monitor user engagement and suggest content optimizations.
– Create and curate meaningful and impactful content to align with the CHS’s mission.
– Ensure all public information is correct and current and any comments handled in a timely and professional manner.
– Draft press releases
– Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications with media relations, including distribution of publicity materials, solicitation of feature stories, contacts with the press, appearances on radio and TV, and media tours.
– Assist with the planning, publicizing and staffing of media events
– Assist in maintenance/update of content on CHS’s web site and keep abreast of web innovations available to the museum.
– Ensure SEO optimization for new website content
– Photograph and/or video museum events and exhibits as needed.
– Promote the CHS to hotels, chambers of commerce, and local/regional tourism offices through distribution of rack cards, brochures and promotional displays.
– Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications in regular updates of calendar material.
– Maintain database of all marketing related contact information, passwords, etc.
– Represent CHS at festivals and fairs.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
– Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, multi-media, or related.
– One (1) or more years of Marketing experience
– Ability to set up and operate professional audio and/or video recording equipment.
– Video production and editing skills using Premiere Pro
– Knowledge of exporting and publishing video content
– Some experience with motion graphics software is a plus
– Top-notch creative ability to tell video stories in short-form content
– Working knowledge of media management in a quick turnaround, nimble environment
– Firm understanding of the entire video production process
– Working knowledge of email distribution platforms such as Robly
– Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
– At least 1 year of experience either writing and sending email campaigns with an email service provider OR marketing project management
– In-depth knowledge of graphic design and current design best practices and technology, with comfort in the Adobe Suite of products as well as other current industry standard design programs. This includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more
– Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
– Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
– Exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for design and detail excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
– Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to manage various projects and meet hard deadlines
– Strong creativity and problem-solving skills
– Ability to lift 20 lbs
– Access to transportation on an unscheduled basis
Full time. Monday through Friday with evenings and weekends as needed for assisting with marketing or programming events. On-site work expectation (1 Elizabeth Street, Hartford).
$21.00-$24.00 per hour.
Eligible for full employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, employer contributions to 403(b) plan, and paid vacation and sick days.
How to apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Susan Presutti, Director of Human Resources, [email protected], by Wednesday, July 11, 2022.
CHS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.