Title: Research Center Assistant
Job Type: Part-time (15-20 hours per week); Two schedules available: Tues.-Thurs. and Fri.-Sat.
Reports to: Research Center Manager
Department: Collections, Exhibitions and Education
General Description: The individual in this position is the representative of CHS to the public at the Welcome Desk, in the galleries and in the Waterman Research Center. This person also assists in the daily and occasional tasks that are essential for the smooth operation of CHS including audience evaluation, collection-related projects and various administrative duties that benefit CHS as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent’s specific duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Staff the Welcome Desk;
- Stay focused and attentive to the needs of visitors;
- Follow Welcome Desk procedures, suggesting updates as necessary;
- Become familiar with and understand features and benefits of Museum store products for the purpose of making sales;
- Initiate and complete sales transactions with courtesy, efficiency, and accuracy;
- Keep all Welcome Desk materials up to date (forms, rack cards, interactive sheets for parents and children, admission tags, etc.);
- Answer and process phone calls/messages;
- Sort and deliver mail;
- Ensure that all first floor public areas and store are in good order at all times;
- Promote CHS exhibitions, programs, and services;
- Record attendance on Welcome Desk database and maintain visitor log;
- Lead tours of museum galleries to adult audiences.
- Greeting, orienting, and assisting visitors in the research center with accessing databases and catalogs, and retrieving and re-housing collections in support of researcher requests during public research center hours;
- Provide assistance to patrons in using computer equipment and research materials; including collections, library materials, and online research databases;
- Answer reference questions submitted by online visitors;
- Retrieve “special collections” materials from stacks and collections storage for use by patrons;
- Maintain statistics on Research Center usage;
- Monitor patron use of collections in order to avoid theft of and damage to collections;
- Become familiar with research processes and standards;
- Keep up to date on newly acquired or deaccessioned collections materials;
- Keep the research center clean and uncluttered;
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Assist with data entry, and the general upkeep of public spaces and information racks, as needed;
- Respond to phone, email, and direct customer inquiries or guide to others as appropriate;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.A. preferred;
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of constituents and to consistently project a friendly and professional demeanor to visitors and staff, in person, electronically, and on the telephone;
- Proficiency with computers and ability to learn new software applications quickly;
- Willingness to foster and make sales;
- Flexibility, openness, and a sincere interest and ability to complete detail oriented work and consistent follow through;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality;
- Capable of managing several projects simultaneously.
We are seeking to fill 3 to 4 RCA positions. Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis.
Please email resume, cover letter and three professional/manager references to Susan Presutti, Human Resources Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org