Current Loans

ImageOrganizationObjectOn Loan Since
1950_343_0American Museum in Britain, Bath, United KingdomPencil post bed, The Connecticut Historical Society collection1960
no-image-availableMattatuck Museum, Waterbury, CTSign, "A. Collins", Gift of Newton C. Brainard1982
1984_42_36
Sarah W. Hooker House, West Hartford, CT
Teapot, probably originally owned by a member of the Bunce family, 1800-1820, gift of Mary W. Edwards1986
no-image-availableWebb-Deane-Stevens Museum, Wethersfield, CTTea table, owned by Silas Deane, 1765-1775, gift of Isabelle G. Thomas1987
2015_68_0Windsor Historical Society, Windsor, CTOxbow chest, made by George Belden, The Newman S. Hungerford Museum Fund1990, 2015
1991_135_0Windsor Historical Society, Windsor, CTDesk and bookcase, made by Erastus Grant, 1795-1800, gift of Shepherd M. Holcombe1990, 2015
no-image-availableWindsor Historical Society, Windsor, CTOak chest, 1600-1700, bequest of George Dudley Seymour1990, 2015
no-image-availableMuseum of Connecticut History, Connecticut State Library, Hartford, CTSidewalk clock1998
no-image-availableMuseum of Connecticut History, Connecticut State Library, Hartford, CTLathe from Pratt & Whitney1998
no-image-availableMuseum of Connecticut History, Connecticut State Library, Hartford, CTPapier mache trapeze artist figures1998
1914_5_4Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden Suffield, CTChair, originally owned by Colonel Henry Champion, 1735-1765, gift of John R. Tracy2004
1985_14_28Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden Suffield, CTSide chair, owned by Jerusha Welles, probably 1765, bequest of George H. Gilman, Jr.2004
1964_33_9Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden Suffield, CTSide chair, 1745-1770, gift of Frederick K. and Margaret R. Barbour2004
1984_40_1Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden Suffield, CTSide chair, owned by Deborah Lothrop, made by the Lothrop Shop Tradition, about 1755, gift of Marcella Putnam2004
1984_40_2Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden Suffield, CTSide chair, owned by Deborah Lothrop, made by the Lothrop Shop Tradition, about 1755, gift of Marcella Putnam2004
1935_2_2_1Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden Suffield, CTSide chair, 1740-1770, gift of Mrs. Grace Clarkson Wilcox2004
1974_98_1Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden Suffield, CTDesk and bookcase, owned by Ashahel Hatheway Sr., Possibly originally owned by Oliver Phelps, 1785-1800, gift of Mrs. Charles S. Bissell, in memory of Mrs. Charles Sumner Fuller2004
no-image-availableMark Twain House & MuseumMetal scale, late 19th century, gift of George W. Cheney, Jr.2005
no-image-availableMark Twain House & MuseumSchoolhouse clock, made by Seth Thomas, 1860-1869, gift of Cornelia Gross2005
no-image-availableLieutenant Governor's Office, State Capitol, Hartford, CTPainting of proposed State Capitol, painted by Frederick Stiles Jewett, 1857, gift of the heirs of Morgan B. Brainard2007
2006_71_4dt1Harvey & Lewis, 45 Asylum Street, Hartford, CTGargoyle, from Harvey & Lewis Building, about 1927, gift of James S. Lewis2014
2006_71_3dt1Harvey & Lewis, 45 Asylum Street, Hartford, CTGargoyle, from Harvey & Lewis Building, about 1927, gift of James S. Lewis2014
no-image-availableConnecticut River Museum, Essex, CTBrick, about 1630, from Dutch fort, Hartford, The Connecticut Historical Society collection2014
2006_71_1dt1Harvey & Lewis, 45 Asylum Street, Hartford, CTGargoyle, from Harvey & Lewis Building, about 1927, gift of James S. Lewis2014
2006_71_2dt1Harvey & Lewis, 45 Asylum Street, Hartford, CTGargoyle, from Harvey & Lewis Building, about 1927, gift of James S. Lewis2014
1984_40_2New Haven MuseumAshtray, about 1960, CHS collection2016
1984_40_2New Haven MuseumSalt and pepper shakers, late 20th century, The Newman S. Hungerford Museum Fund2016
1984_40_2New Haven MuseumGas pump counter gauge, 1960s, Gift of the Veeder Root Company2016
1984_40_2New Haven MuseumTwo Connecticut State Route 3 Road Signs, "Waterbury" and "Danbury", made by the State of Connecticut, 1920-1935, The Newman S. Hungerford Museum Fund2016
no-image-availableNew Haven MuseumHartford Bridge Authority supervisor's uniform cap, originally owned by Thomas G. Capobianco, about 1970-1980, Gift of Thomas G. Capobianco2016
no-image-availableNew Haven MuseumHartford Bridge Authority supervisor's summer uniform, originally owned by Thomas G. Capobianco, about 1970-1980, Gift of Thomas G. Capobianco2016
Chester Historical SocietyMoney Bag, 1869-1889, originally owned by Leatherman, Gift of George S. Godard2017
Wadsworth AtheneumDouble Portrait of Governor Jonathan and Faith Trumbull, 1778, painted by John Trumbull, Connecticut Historical Society collection2017
Connecticut River Museum, Essex, CTMan's Hat, 1818, Museum purchase2017
Connecticut River Museum, Essex, CTWindsor Shad Derby button, Museum purchase2017
Connecticut River Museum, Essex, CTMouth of the Connecticut River, painted by Henry C. Arnold, The Newman S. Hungerford Museum Fund2017