It’s 2015… Do you know where your ancestors are?
Introduction to Genealogy is for beginning genealogists as well as for those who need to brush up on their research skills. Topics covered include:
• How to get started with family genealogy
• Best genealogical research practices
• Types of genealogical sources
• Electronic websites available to the genealogist
• Tips and tricks for getting over that “brick wall”
• Collecting and preserving your family history
Join Carol R. Whitmer, professional genealogist and active researcher on a journey to discover the past and unveil the mysteries of your family history. Carol has been doing family research for over 35 years, acts as a consulting genealogist for the Connecticut Historical Society, and is a member of both the Association of Professional Genealogists and the Connecticut Professional Genealogists Council. In addition, she sits on the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Society of Genealogists and is on the Board of Trustees for the CHS.