If you’re visiting us for the first time, or it’s been a while, registration to our library is required. Our registration form is now online!
Please complete and submit the form below, and a staff member will be in touch with you soon.
Appointments are now required to access the Waterman Research Center – select date(s) and time slot(s) here.
As part of CHS’s Covid-19 protocols, appointments made at least seven (7) days in advance are required to access the Waterman Research Center. Appointments are confirmed via email by CHS staff.
- Two time blocks are available:
- The Waterman Research Center is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday by appointment only.
- Hours of operation are 12:00–4:30pm.
- Appointments must be requested at least seven days (7) in advance.
- Registrations (for first-time or “not in a long time” users) are still required – please see fillable form at left.
- Current capacity is four (4) researchers at one time with a maximum of two (2) manuscript users per time block.
- Researchers must wear a mask and stay 6-ft apart from staff and other researchers, and:
- Wash hands prior to starting research.
- Visitors who do not follow safety and handling protocols including proper mask wearing and failing to maintain social distancing with staff or other patrons in the Edgar F. Waterman Research Center will be asked to leave.
- All traveling and out-of-state visitors must follow current CDC guidelines: https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus/travel.
Before Your Visit…
- Staff need at least two (2) days’ notice to retrieve items. On-demand retrieval is not available on the appointment day.
- Materials are pulled in advance of researchers’ confirmed appointments.
- Staff cannot accept appointment requests after the submission deadline. The deadline allows sufficient time for staff to retrieve materials and prepare our facility for the appointment.
Appointment Cancellation and Delay Policies
- CHS reserves the right to cancel research appointments at any time. We will make every effort to let you know as soon as possible.
- Researchers who arrive for their appointment more than 30 minutes late may have their appointment cancelled. Researchers may be allowed into the next available appointment slot at the discretion of CHS staff.